BOTOX® is one of the most widely accessible and enjoyed anti-aging treatments in North America. Did you know these five facts about this popular procedure?
- Its also a medical procedure. Thanks to the injection’s ability to paralyze muscles, its used for far more than smoothing out wrinkles. BOTOX can successfully help with migraines, overactive bladders, some eye disorders, excessive sweating and involuntary muscle contractions. Medical BOTOX injections must always be administered by a doctor.
- Its temporary. The effects of BOTOX wear off. Cosmetic injections usually last for 3 – 4 months. At that time you may repeat the procedure.
- Its not effective for sun damage. While BOTOX can help smooth out wrinkles and give you a more youthful appearance, it is not effective for the deep lines or spots brought on by sun damage. If this is a concern for you, consult your cosmetologist about resurfacing treatments.
- It may be covered by insurance: Generally speaking, BOTOX and other cosmetic procedures are not covered by insurance, but if you need BOTOX for medical reasons, it may – depending on your insurance provider – be covered.
- You could be allergic: Some people are allergic to BOTOX. Symptoms such as rashes and difficulty breathing require immediate medical attention.
A consultation is required with one of our physicians to best assess your eligibility for treatment and answer any questions.